Harmony of the Seas: Day 6 ~ Fun on the Ship

Today was another day at sea.

I snapped this photo for our youngest daughter. Her doll comes with us on vacations and I wanted her to see that Dolly was having a great time.

Since all 5,000+ people were on the boat today, and since we had such a hard time getting chairs the other sea day, before breakfast we headed up and reserved chairs in the Solarium.

Breakfast was in Central Park at Central Cafe. This place does not have all of the breakfast items that the other two breakfast buffets have, instead there is lots of fresh fruit, a bagel bar, and a made to order breakfast burrito station.

We got a bagel with the works.

This was actually one of the best breakfasts of the cruise. And Central Park was a nice quiet place to eat.

We took some fruit up to our deck chairs and finished our breakfast while looking out at the water.

Trivia in the Schooner Bar was at 9:30 so we headed down for that.

So far, there were some really smart people on this cruise.

Only one time did we ever win at trivia, and it was a day when a family asked if we wanted to become a team. The theme of the trivia was TV show themes and their son knew every single one of the questions except one. So we did win two RCL pens.

We decided to get our suits on and head out to do some fun water things. We went up to our deck chairs, and were surprised to see a man in one of our chairs. He was an older European man, and he said he had put his towels on these chairs also. We looked around, and I spotted my fruit bowl and fork on the other chair and said sorry, these were actually ours. This liar had the audacity at this point,  to say that it was actually his fork and bowl and he asked us to move.


We were a little concerned because you check towels out on your SeaPass card, and there are signs that say that they are $40 to replace. We went to a towel station, explained what had happened, and he removed those towels from our card and gave us new ones.

So much for getting deck chairs today. Oh well, we did have lots of plans to keep busy on the ship.

First up was the rock climbing wall.  Do be aware that they are only open for blocks of hours, like 10-12pm, or 2-4pm.

They provide all the equipment.

My Sweetie having a go.

He made it to the top.

This was definitely harder than it looked. I made it halfway up.

There were these little 9 year-olds scurrying up the face of that thing, making me feel old.

We got off of the rock wall and saw the carousel and realized we hadn't ridden it yet. That needed to be fixed.

We also decided to try out the Flow Rider. My Sweetie went first.

It takes using your feet and elbows, and balancing to stay up. The next step is to go up on your knees.

We each went twice and he really got the hang of knee boarding. 

My turn. I thought I was going to have a harder time balancing, but stayed on pretty well. 

The first time I tried to go up on my knees I fell, but the second try I stayed up for a bit.

We sat for a while, looking out at the back of the ship.

Now it was time for lunch. In the Windjammer today, they had giant-like dishes.

A huge hoagie.

This is a massive apple crumble, with vanilla ice cream.

My plate.

Today they had some really tasty clams. In my journal I wrote that this was a great lunch.

After lunch we checked out the Cruise Compass and noticed a scavenger hunt. This was a photo scavenger hunt. We all met at the Boleros Bar for instructions. We had 20 minutes to do about 15 different things, but the trick was that they were all over the ship.

Posing as a statue in Central Park

High-fiving an officer

Proposing to someone

Having a bad day on the mini golf course

Reenacting Titanic

Taking a shower


Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

A handstand


That last one was my favorite photo. These were random people in the Schooner Bar that we asked to help us. They were very sweet and I'm bummed the photo was blurry!

Of course we didn't win, but it was fun to participate.

After the scavenger hunt we walked around for a bit. Out of the boardwalk this guy had his movable piano out. We found him playing in many places on the ship and really liked sitting and listening to him. He specialized in ragtime and would play any Scott Joplin song requested.

We walked around the Boardwalk and then through the Promenade for a while. 

It was almost dinner time - we were going to eat early tonight since we had reservations to see the show.

Our Thursday night menu in the Main Dining Room

We started with shrimp. This was one of the "classic" items on the menu, which means it was offered each night. They were always tasty.

I also tried ariancini, which is Italian rice balls. These were quite good.

We shared beef tenderloin. This was one of the best cuts of meat we had the entire cruise. Very tender and almost melted in the mouth.

Some seafood linguine.

And tonight, lobster was on the menu. We both got one, and then split a third.

You can get as much as you want of any item. We asked our waiter what the most lobsters he had someone order, and he said 17.



We were just too darn full to order dessert so we headed to the bar to get a drink before the show.

Most of the time during the cruise, we ended up in the On Air bar, because it was an easy shot off the elevator closest to our room. We got to know Edwin, one the of  bartenders there. He was from the Philippines and had worked for RCI for 16 years and loved it.

Tonight, to take to the show, he made me this:

The rose was very well made, because get this: I kept it, all the way back to Miami and Orlando, and packed it gently in my carry one bag. It made it through the airports and drive home, and now sits on my dresser in a vase.

At the theater.

The show was Columbus.

 We got about 20 minutes into the show, when the whole stage went dark and the music stopped. There is a large ship that rotates on the stage and it had malfunctioned. So they told everyone in our showing that they would add a show the next day and to come back.

This doesn't happen often; the cruise director was at the door, telling us all how very sorry he was and to be sure to come back.

We actually didn't mind. When we first read the Cruise Compass that morning, we were bummed to see that they were playing Star Wars The Force Awakens on the big screen at the Aqua Theater, and we thought we were going to miss it because of Columbus. So we went across the ship, and got there just in time.

The sound was great! I had ran upstairs to grab a sweater since there was a little breeze, but there weren't many people watching so we had great seats.

We got tired and didn't make it to the end. Back to our room, where the ship rocked us to sleep.

Harmony of the Seas: Day 1, Boarding the Ship
Harmony of the Seas: Day 1, Central Park and Aqua Show
Harmony of the Seas: Day 2 ~ Nassau, Bahamas
Harmony of the Seas: Day 2 ~ Afternoon and Dinner in the Dining Room
Harmony of the Seas: Day 3 ~ Day at Sea
Harmony of the Seas: Day 4 ~ St. Thomas, Jamie's Italian
Harmony of the Seas: Day 5 ~ Sint Maarten/Saint Martin
Harmony of the Seas: Day 5 ~ Main Dining Room and Headliner Show
Harmony of the Seas: Day 6 ~ Fun on the Ship
Harmony of the Seas: Day 7 ~ Last Full Day on the Ship


Popular Posts