Mexico Day 7: Tennis, Walking on the Beach, A Surprise

Our last full day here. Which was a bit sad.

We slept in a bit, and were up between 8 and 9 am. For some reason I didn't get photos of breakfast.

After breakfast, we decided to try to play some tennis before it got too hot. We went to the lobby where we picked up some racquets and tennis balls. I must be honest and say that the tennis balls they gave us were the deadest, most flatest balls ever. But we were on vacation, so it really didn't matter.

The tennis courts are on the Iberostar property, right by the golf course. They are only about a fifteen minute walk, but as soon as we walked out of the lobby, a cart pulled up to take us down there.

The courts look like they were cement, but they were not. Kind of a softer material, but not bouncy or anything like that.

We both did okay - we actually used to play often, but a couple of years ago my elbow started bothering me so I quit. I was very happy here, as we played for about 45 minutes and I didn't feel any pain at all. And we took plenty of water, which was a good thing.

After some tennis we walked back to our resort. Halfway there a cart stopped and offered us a ride, but we were really enjoying seeing all of the beautiful flowers on our walk so we declined.

The Coatis were out in force this morning.

All week we had walked past the ping pong table and finally today, we played for a bit. After a while, one of Star Friends came by and challenged My Sweetie to a game. They were both better than me so it was a fun game to watch.

The only problem was that it was a bit windy, so you had to adjust depending on which side you were on.

Lunch was at La Brisa.

My plate - I was trying the crab again, an egg roll, and my salad.

A nice cold glass of chardonnay.

My Sweetie's plate.

After lunch we decided to hit the beach.

When we went back to our room to change for the beach, Victor, our butler, said that he knew we were leaving the next day. Tomorrow was his day off and he was leaving early today, but he said he had a surprise planned for us. He said that he knew that we usually ate around 7:30, and that when we got back from dinner, there would be something in our room.

Seriously, the guy had been keeping track and knew when we normally ate? That, is service, folks.

My happy place.

 Noberto was there within a few minutes, asking for our drink orders.

One is a mojito and the other looks like something fruity.

After a bit we decided to walk in the opposite direction we had walked before and so headed to the left, or to the north.

We passed a few houses that looked like beach rentals with vacationers on the beach. We also walked around a cemented area, that when we read the signs and translated, was a turtle preserve.

Around the bend from there was another resort. We recognized this one as one we had stopped at to pick up some people for our excursion.

There were these nice palapas out over the water so we walked out there and looked at the view.

 By the time we walked back we were nice and hot, so we swam with the waves for a while. They were the perfect size - not too high that they were scary, but high enough that you felt the ride.

Then over to the pool bar for some drinks, then into the hot tub by the quiet pool. Each day we were at the resort we went over here in the late afternoon, and always had the whole area to ourselves.

Before we ate dinner we got a ride to the shopping area. I was in search of some jewelry and some pottery to take home.

We found a typical Yucatan style mug, and a very nice dipping bowl. I also found exactly my style of jewelry - a starfish earring and necklace set.

Dinner tonight was at the main buffet. It was Mexican night, so there were all sorts of yummies to choose from.

 There were so many choices that it would have been impossible if you wanted to try every dish in the buffet.

We headed back to our room and found this:

And this:


What a fantastic surprise!

I was so over the top impressed with the service here!

We did go out later to see the show; it was all about Mexican culture.

We stayed for about ten minutes and decided to move on, so we went into the billiards room and played a couple of games. I lost miserably.

More drinks, and a nice leisurely walk back to our room.

 (You can see my starfish necklace and earrings in the above photo.)

We cracked open the bottle of bubbly, and enjoyed it, on our lovely porch with the sound of the waves.

This, is paradise.

Mexico Trip:

Day 1: First Day
Day 2: Checking out the Grand, Bike Ride, Tony's
Day 3: Xcaret
Day 4: Beach Walk, Kayaking, and the Gourmet Restaurant
Day 5, Part 1: Akumal, Cenotes, and Caverns, Oh My
Day 5, Part 2: Japanese Restaurant and Lobby Bar
Day 6: Beach, Kayaking, and the Italian Restaurant
Day 7: Tennis, Walking on the Beach, A Surprise
Day 8: Our Last Day, Boo Hoo


Popular Posts